To book your prenatal class, please select from the services below:
Prenatal classes are available:
Research shows that exercising during pregnancy has numerous benefits, including:
- Less weight gain during pregnancy
- Reduced chance of gestational diabetes
- Less risk of delivery complications
- Faster delivery and post-delivery recovery
- Lower blood pressure and reduced risk of pre-eclampsia
- Mood boosting endorphins, lessening stress and anxiety
- Reduced risk of depression during pregnancy
- Reduced fatigue and improved sleep quality
- Less constipation
Pregnancy is physically demanding on the body. Your center of gravity shifts, causing postural changes and muscular imbalances. Pregnancy hormones also reduce joint stability, particularly in the pelvic region. The size and load of the growing uterus weakens abdominal and pelvic floor muscles and pushes down on the lower spine, causing back pain. If not addressed correctly during exercise, these complications may become more pronounced further along gestation and hinder the early stages of recovery.
Beloved Bumps Pre-Natal Exercise Prescription for expectant mothers can greatly reduce pain and discomfort while strengthening the body for delivery. Pre- and Post-Natal Exercise Specialist, Anna Kwan, will work closely with you throughout your pregnancy and consult with a team of physiotherapists as needed, who are also available for referral.