Weekly Talks & Discussions
Socialise with other Mums
Expert-led Postnatal Talks with Likeminded Mums
From our years of experience of teaching prenatal classes, we realised that pregnant couples can feel overloaded with information in their pregnancy, and a lot of it isn’t important until after their baby is born (the postnatal period). In addition to the steep learning curve of parenthood, many mums can feel isolated during the first few weeks with a baby.
The Beloved Bumps Postnatal Course was designed to not only give you the tools to help you smoothly transition into mummy-hood, but to also help you meet new mums with babies around the same age. Each week, an experienced health professional will talk to you about a different topic. These course topics were chosen by asking real mums what they wished they knew in the early days with their child, as well as what our experts get the most questions about.
In true Beloved Bumps style, there is great emphasis on the social side – we will ensure that you get to know the other mums in your group to help build your all important support network of friends. Our classes are held at our beautiful baby-friendly space, so you can stay afterwards, play, chat or even get lunch down the road in Robertson Quay – which many of our mums do on a weekly basis!
It’s best to attend when your baby is 3 weeks – 3.5 months old
- Week 1 – Your Birth Experience & Body Now – Led by a Psychologist & Physiotherapist
- Week 2 – Feeding, Soothing & Early Growth – Led by a Breastfeeding Specialist & Midwife
- Week 3 – Sleep & Routines – Led by a Sleep Sense Consultant
- Week 4 – Mental Health & Relationship Challenges – Led by a Psychologist
- Week 5 – Wellbeing & Yoga Workshop – Led by Certified Exercise & Yoga Instructors
- Week 6 – Milestones, Development & Activities – Led by a Paediatrician
- $230 SESSION ARE HELD MONDAYS @ 10AM
- 6 Weeks of Talks
- Led by Experts
- WhatsApp Group
- Tea, Coffee & Cookies Includes
- Scales to Weigh Your Baby
- Reference Sheets Provided
IMPORTANT: Given that our clients are a vulnerable group (eg, pregnant women and children), Beloved Bumps reserves the right to go to virtual teaching and learning at any point. While Beloved Bumps will always adhere to Singapore law and recommendations during times of crises, we believe it’s important to err on the side of caution for the protection of our clients.
- If you have contracted COVID-19 or have COVID-19-related symptoms (eg, fever, runny nose or cough), then please notify us immediately as unfortunately you will not be able to attend the group sessions in person.
- VIRTUAL OPTION: If the above situation applies, then we will offer you a virtual class alternative. You will still remain on our mum’s WhatsApp group and can attend any remaining social events and classes once you’ve fully recovered and been cleared by your doctor.
- REFUND: If you have contracted COVID-19 and would like to receive a refund instead because you CANNOT attend a virtual class, please let us know and we will process a refund, the amount of which depends on how many sessions you have missed. Please note that you will need to confirm this with a medical certificate. We will not provide a refund for those who are only showing symptoms and otherwise can attend a virtual class on the same day and time as their originally scheduled class.
- If our instructors have contracted COVID-19 or have COVID-19-related symptoms (eg, fever, runny nose or cough), then we will work hard to provide a virtual option or another time when you can attend the class. If the class has to be canceled, then a full refund will be given
- If you haven’t contracted the COVID-19 and don’t have COVID-19-related symptoms, and you are unwilling to attend virtually, then our usual cancellation policy applies (under ‘Cancellations and Refunds’).
For other situations, please see our full Terms & Conditions.
Absolutely! We have mats for your baby to lie on and changing facilities.
Believe me, we know how hard it can be to get out of the house with a newborn! With that said, we also know how good it feels when you do make it out and have some adult/human connection! That’s why we run the course on set dates, so (1) you have a reason to get out with your baby and (2) so you can meet and make real connections with other mums. What do we tell mums if you’re running late? Haven’t showered? Haven’t slept? Try and come anyways! Most of the mums probably feel or look the same way!
If you do miss a class because of an emergency or unforeseen circumstance, then we will of course try and figure out how you might make it up on the next course.
Of course! While some of the content might be mum-specific, there is A LOT that a dad can get out of the talks.
If you are looking to bring your partner, please just let us know ahead of time so we can make sure there is enough space.
Our postnatal talks are about 45 mins to an hour. After the talk, you can stay and play on our mats or have a coffee and a chat with the other mums.
**Please note that the April/May course will be held virtually.
The Beloved Bumps Team
Our Guest Speakers
IMC’s Paediatric Doctors
The International Medical Clinic Paediatric Department is dedicated to child and adolescent health. With internationally trained paediatric doctors, their patients get the same level of care and expertise that they would expect in their home country.
IMC has five internationally trained Paediatric Doctors:
Board Certified in Paediatrics from USA
- Dr Leo Hamilton
- Dr Judy Schmidt
- Dr Bernadeta Wibisono
- Dr Arti Jaiswal
Specialist accreditation from the UK
- Dr Gina Dahe
Over 89% of IMC’s patients report their overall experience at IMC to be ‘Excellent’ and 95% described their Doctor as ‘Excellent’. One of the reasons patients can trust their doctor’s advice is because IMC is NOT incentivized by drug companies. The dedication to quality of care and expertise make them the leading provider to the international community of Singapore.
Certified Breastfeeding Specialist
(IBCLC Certified Lactation Consultant in Fall of 2020)
Sally Connell is an Australian educated Registered Nurse with over 20 years of experience. Over that time, she has worked with mothers, babies and young children in various different settings. She has lived and worked in Hong Kong, The United Kingdom, Australia, but currently calls Singapore her home.
Sally is also a Certified Breastfeeding Specialist, whose greatest passion has always been working with mothers and babies in a community setting. She has spent thousands of hours helping families achieve their breastfeeding goals and will be completing her International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) exam in the fall of 2020.
Sally has two children herself, and developed her passion for breastfeeding after giving birth to her first child, who she struggled to breastfeed initially. After finally achieving success, she went on to breastfeed both her children long term and became determined to help other struggling mothers, too.
MA Clinical Psychology, BSocSc (Hons) Psychology, Registered Psychologist (HPCSA)
Alliance Counselling Pte Ltd
Lisa is a qualified clinical psychologist from South Africa, with a passion for working therapeutically across various ages, genders and cultures. She has varied work experience and is deeply committed to promoting mental health, a basic human right, amongst all populations. Lisa has developed areas of special interests and skills throughout her academic, research and working experiences. Here are two of these areas:
Maternal and child mental health
- Both her honours and masters dissertations focused on women’s experiences during high-risk pregnancies and childbirth. She has worked with the Perinatal Mental Health Project (PMHP) where focus was given to women’s mental health in the prenatal, antenatal and postnatal period. This was then followed up in terms of child outcomes. Maternal and child mental health continues to be a passion of hers and coincides well with her mindfulness approach, which is beginning to place more focus on early interventions with mothers and children.
Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Over the past six years Lisa has personally been engaged in one-on-one Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) training and has experienced the varied benefits of Mindfulness Based Interventions (MBIs). She is formally trained in Mindfulness Based Wellbeing Enhancement – another type of MBI – which focuses more on strengths-building and positive psychology principles.
Dr. Josephine Carlisle
BSc (Hons), MSc, DClinPsy, Registered Psychologist (SIN & UK)
Alliance Counselling Pte Ltd
Josephine is a qualified Clinical Psychologist from the UK. She earned her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from University College London where she practiced as a Clinical Psychologist in the National Health Service before emigrating to Singapore in 2015. As a clinical psychologist she has training and experience working with people of all ages with a variety of difficulties, and specialises in Cognitive Behavioural approaches, in particular, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT). Since becoming a mother herself she has been interested in the application of clinical psychology to the unique challenges of pregnancy, childbirth and parenting.
B.Sc. (Hons) Physiotherapy, Masters Manual Therapy, Clinical Exercise Specialist & Womens Health Physiotherapy
Lucie started her career in physiotherapy working in London for 3 years. Since 2011 she has been living and working in Singapore in the management and rehabilitation of injuries with a keen interest in the pelvis, spine and lower limbs. More recently Lucie developed a special interest in Women’s Health and Pelvic floor dysfunction. She has done numerous post-graduate professional development courses that focus on treating pre-and post-natal women for incontinence, rectus diastasis (abdominal separation/DRAM), pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic pain disorders such as dyspareunia (pain with sex). Her passion is to help women maintain a healthy, active pregnancy and return to sport. She works with a wide range of clients from those who are new to exercise, with pre-existing medical conditions, to recreational and competitive elite athletes.
Shubhra Venneti Shastry
Sleep Sense Consultant & Adult Solve Your Sleep Consultant
Trained under Dana Obleman’s methodology in the US
Motherhood is amazingly fulfilling, and it is also one of the toughest soul-shaking journeys a woman can embark on. Laboring to be a first-time mother with overwhelming feelings of helplessness and confusion, compounded by massive sleep deprivation, Shubhra made it her mission to learn everything she could to make her first year of parenting that much easier. Being armed with the right knowledge changed everything, and she decided she never wanted others to feel as lost as she did.
A culmination of her expertise as a sleep consultant, as well as a Kanga training and Baby Signs instructor, her pride and joy is the Giggle Wiggle Sleep club – a unique year-long parenting support programme that helps new mums from day one tackle their baby’s sleep and regain wellness through fitness.